July 22, 2020
Today we’re talking about questions to include on your Wedding Website’s Frequently Asked Questions Page. Wedding Websites have come such a long way and they are an efficient way to provide information to your guests. It’s also a great space to answer some potentially uncomfortable questions (dreaded plus one question!) so you can avoid getting these questions from guests directly…fingers crossed. Here are some ideas for questions to include and thoughts on wording that you can use!
- Q: Can I bring a guest? A: If your invitation reads, “& Guest”, we would love for you to bring a plus one! Please include their name on your response card so we can address your guest properly. If your invitation does not include “& Guest”, please understand our wishes for you to attend on your own.
- Q: Can I bring my kids? A: We love your children! But our wedding is adults only and we would love for you to enjoy a night off.
- Q: What is the dress code? A: [List your dress code here (cocktail, black tie, etc.) You can also take this opportunity to make a note about shoes… for example, if you’ll be on the beach or on the grass, note this for your female guests!]
- Q: Is there a Hotel Room Block? A: Yes! We have guest room blocks at [list your hotels here]. Please see our Travel Page for more information on hotels available, room rates, and booking details.
- Q: Is there transportation available? A: [Insert information on any guest transportation that will be available to and from the ceremony/reception, if any. You can have guests refer back to the travel page or schedule page on the website where you should have shuttle times listed for each hotel]
If you have postponed your 2020 wedding (thanks, COVID), this is a great location to add questions that guests might have regarding the postponement. Here are some suggestions…
- Q: Have you postponed your wedding? A: Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we have decided to postpone our wedding to [add new date here]. The health and safety of our guests is our priority and we look forward to celebrating with you in 2021!
- Q: Do I need to rebook hotel reservations made for the 2020 date? A: [Depending on the hotel – some will be able to transfer the reservation while others will require guests to cancel their reservation and rebook for the new dates. Provide as detailed information here as possible for each of the hotels you have contracts with.]
- Q: Will we need to re-respond to your invitation? (this only applies if you’ve already sent invitations to a 2020 wedding) A: We will be sending out new invitations around [add the month when new, updated invitations will be sent out to guests]. We ask that you please reply to this new invitation.
I hope this helps while you’re building your wedding website! Take advantage of all of the incredible features that wedding websites have and add as much information as you can for your guests to reference.