September 30, 2018
A pumpkin bread recipe?! A little different for this blog! As some of you might know, my former hobby was a cute little baking blog, Just a Sliver. I loved trying new recipes, photographing them, and dropping them off to friends and coworkers. It was a creative outlet for me when we lived in different places in the US and abroad. While Just a Sliver has since been shut down, being in this new kitchen has made baking fun again so I hope to really get back in the swing of things!
To me, once it’s October 1st, it’s officially ok to celebrate Fall. September feels too soon to say goodbye to summer so I try to hold off as long as possible. Lately, everything is pumpkin flavor and it’s honestly exhausting. Shouldn’t pretzels just be pretzels and not taste like pumpkin?! So this is a refreshingly simple, straight-forward recipe with all ingredients you probably already have. One bowl, one hour, and you’ll have yourself a perfectly festive from-scratch bread to share 🙂
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Use non-stick spray or butter and flour a 9×5 loaf pan, set aside.
- Whisk together white sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl. Add pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and vanilla. Whisk until batter is smooth and clump-free.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (mine was ready at 60 minutes). Cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe would also work for muffins 🙂
Recipe from The Baker Chick