October 3, 2018
In 2018, I broke down my goals for the year in to three segments: January – April; May – September; and October – December. The year starts with prep for wedding season, then you’re right in the thick of it, and finally it’s time to clean up and reorganize before the start of a New Year. At the end of April, I updated you all on how I did in the first part of the year and what was next. So I’m back again, holding myself accountable and looking back at how the last few months went…
Here’s a quick update on how I did with my goals for May – September:
KSE Business Priorities – May – September
- Consistent posting/publishing (again) – I would say this was a major fail. Come on, Kelly! Blog posting shouldn’t be such a stumbling block for me but it is, so I’m thinking of different ways to create content.
- Build a Email List – Email list created and monthly newsletters sent! It has been a really fun way for me to be a little more personal and share more than just events. The 4th Edition just went out, if you want to join the fun, sign up here!
- New Headshots and Personal Photos – I did a session with Marissa Roberts in May and a session with Michelle Lange in September so I would say this is a major success. When I post the “face” behind the business, it resonates with people and I see an increase in engagement. So it’s a win, win 🙂
Personal Priorities – May – September
- Make the most of mornings – I’m back to the early mornings and it has felt incredible. Starting in Chicago, I would get my tush up and out to a workout class. Now it looks more like sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee and my computer and then a workout 🙂 Rereading The Miracle Morning gave me the extra push I needed to commit to these.
- Workout 5 days a week – while I’m not normally at 5 days a week, committing to Orangetheory has changed my outlook on a good workout and I’ve seen pretty awesome results!
- Read one book a month – I’ve been reading more and more…here are some of my recent favorites…The Alice Network, The Four Agreements, We Were The Lucky Ones, The Miracle Morning, Clean.
What’s next for the tail end of the year? ALL BUSINESS for October – December
- Clean up systems – take the time to update proposal templates, workflows, and content calendars. It’s critical to look back on the year and understand what worked and what could be improved. Take the downtime to polish everything for ring season (pun intended!)
- Networking, networking, networking! Connect with local vendors, let them know I’m back and excited to serve the area as best as I can! While it can be uncomfortable, I need to put myself out there 🙂
- Participate in a Bridal Show – use the tabletop to showcase my style, personality and offer brides and in-person opportunity to get to know the face behind the business.
Thanks for reading, stay tuned!