December 9, 2019
Ok this Spring Wedding in Downtown Charleston is way overdue on the blog but it was a seriously special one. Every detail of this day was so carefully and thoughtfully selected. P+T decided to go with a Downtown venue that felt like them – right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of King Street. The William Aiken House is a beautiful, historic venue that served as the perfect setting for their ceremony and reception. The overall design plan was centered around Modern, Southern Romance. We wanted to infuse their personal modern preferences and interior design style with the history and romance that the South naturally evokes. Is Charleston not one of the most romantic places you’ve ever been?! It just feels different.
The way the O’Malley Photographers captured this day was beyond my expectations. They are the kindest husband and wife team and such a pleasure to work with…like I could go on about how everyone raved about them. They captured the entire day in such a unique way – I’m so glad P+T chose them and that they came in from Seattle.
Urban Petals brought the bride’s simple, romantic style preferences to life – I absolutely love how the florals turned out. The bridal bouquet is one of my favorites of all time as it was perfectly delicate. We did a combination of bud vases and candles on the long tables, on the porch of the venue. For the tables inside, broken in to two stunning rooms, Urban Petals did lush arrangements with taper candles.
DJ Megan Taylor, of Fig Media in Chicago, absolutely crushed the reception. She is amazing!! P+T love their music and always knew they were going to have a DJ. They found her in their home city and brought her down to Charleston – one of the best parts of the night!
Thank you to this incredible list of partners that brought this day to life!!
- PHOTOGRAPHY: O’Malley Photographers
- PLANNING & DESIGN: Kelly Strong Events
- DAY-OF COORDINATION: Peper Events
- GETTING READY LOCATION: Zero George Street
- CEREMONY & RECEPTION VENUE: William Aiken House
- CATERING: Patrick Properties Hospitality Group
- FLORAL DESIGN: Urban Petals
- VIDEOGRAPHY: Thomas Brothers Weddings
- CEREMONY MUSICIANS: Palmetto Strings
- ENTERTAINMENT: DJ Megan Taylor
- RENTALS: Eventworks / Other Brother Entertainment
- LIGHTING: Low Country Entertainment
- SOFT SEATING: The French Eclectic
- LINENS: BBJ Linens
- STATIONERY: Minted
- HAIR AND MAKEUP: Wedding Hair by Charlotte
- TRANSPORTATION: Lowcountry Valet
- BRIDAL GOWN: Sarah Seven
- GROOMS SUIT: Hugo Boss
- BRIDESMAIDS: Show Me Your Mumu / BHLDN
- FEATURED ON: Martha Stewart Weddings