August 26, 2019
Recently, one of my favorite weddings to date was featured on Martha Stewart Weddings. It was a Spring Wedding in Downtown Charleston and it was so magical. Before you read any further, check out the feature here! The O’Malley Photographers really captured this day so beautifully (and I can’t say enough wonderful things about working with them – they are the best!!)
Charleston is definitely one of my favorite cities. I love the history, the architecture, the food, how walkable it is…the list goes on and on. So while we’re talking Charleston, I would love to share a few of my favorite places…a list I’ve updated after revisiting several times this year!
- Zero George Street – this might be my favorite property…anywhere! It’s so magical and you’ll have a seriously luxurious time.
- 86 Cannon – another smaller property that is so special. Beautiful decor and incredibly thoughtful touches. It’s a dream of mine to do an event here – imagine a long table down the drive of this property.
- The Dewberry Charleston – such a cool, retro hotel that is really different from other locations.
- Hotel Bella Grace – another fantastic boutique property, newer hotel, great location!
- Renaissance Charleston Historic District – a Marriott property that feels special and thoughtful. Great location for walking around.
- The Mills House – that perfect pink building with some seriously beautiful event space. Also a good location to walk to a lot of the sites.
- Two more stunning boutique properties: The Vendue and The Restoration
- You know I love a good coffee shop!! Two favorites: Kudu Coffee & Craft Beer (best mocha and lots of outdoor seating) and The Rise at the Restoration Hotel (cutest shop, great location)
- Brunch/Lunch: The Daily, Basic Kitchen, Butcher & Bee, Xiao Bao Biscuit, 82 Queen
- Dinner: The Darling Oyster Bar, Trattoria Lucca (off the grid, incredible Italian), The Rarebit, Leon’s Oyster Shop, Husk
- Drinks: Citrus Club, Rooftop at the Vendue, The Cocktail Club, Stars Restaurant Rooftop
- Hampden Clothing, LAKE Pajamas (softest PJs ever), Skinny Dip (you can shop and drink here!), Shirtini (such classic pieces), Charleston Shoe Company, House of Sage
- Candlefish (love how you can really pick your scent here!), Grit & Grace Studio
- Obviously King Street has all of the larger stores you could want as well…Anthropolgie, Marine Layer, lululemon, J. Crew, Kate Spade, Madewell, Free People, West Elm, Pottery Barn..you get the idea!
If you’ve been to Charleston lately or live there – tell me what your favorite spots are and I’ll add them to the list!!