September 30, 2016
Deciding on Bridesmaids Dresses is one of the most difficult decisions you’ll make as a bride-to-be. Luckily, there are so many options to find the perfect dress for your ladies. While you are no longer limited to your local bridal shops, I encourage brides to check a few local shops to see what kind of inventory they have. If you’re in Toronto, Sash & Bustle has recently opened a dedicated bridesmaids area. They carry Park & Fifth which is by far one of my favorite lines for its simple elegance and wearability.
- Nordstrom – my favorite department store carries so many beautiful bridesmaids dresses. You can find brands like Jenny Yoo (a favorite convertable), Monique Lhuillier (so soft and feminine), Hayley Paige (this one!), Amsale (love me some sparkle), and Adrianna Papell (love the beaded gowns)…so many options! Great shipping and returns as well as in-store alterations works really well if you have bridesmaids living in different locations. I would also look at their cocktail dresses and evening gowns to see if there are any that fit your vision. They don’t necessarily have to be bridal to work!
- BHDLN – Everything BHLDN is so soft, whimsical, and feminine. Some of my favorites styles: classic, romantic, short and cute. I really love the idea of separates for your bridesmaids dresses…try a lace top with a beautiful, full tulle Cabernet skirt.
- J.Crew – what I love about J.Crew Bridesmaids Dresses is that you can choose a color that you love and have your maids choose a style that fits each gal best. Strapless, one shoulder, halter, long, short – give everyone an option and they will feel great in what looks best on them.
- Rent the Runway – a newer concept is having your Bridesmaids rent dresses through Rent the Runway. It works well if you’re like designer gowns but don’t want to burden your bridesmaids with the expense.
- Pick-Your-Own Dresses – Ok…this isn’t a shopping destination but I had to mention it. It’s becoming more common for the Bride to have their Bridesmaids choose their own dresses. If you decide to go this route, provide a small swatch of fabric to each bridesmaid that they can bring with them while shopping (whether they will all wear the same shade or different shades). This will ensure your color palate stays as close to your vision as possible. With the fabric swatch, provide them with additional requests like length of the dress and if you have a preference of fabric(s).
What are some of your favorite bridesmaids dress destinations? I would love to hear from you 🙂
Happy Shopping, Brides!