September 8, 2020
Vermont (yes, the whole state) is one of my favorite places…ever. So today we’re highlighting 5 special Vermont Wedding Venues.
I went to UVM (GO Cats!) and absolutely loved everything about my time there. We spent a little time living there after school as well and between the people and surroundings, we still think about how amazing it would be to live there full-time. So today we’re highlighting some really special wedding venues that span across the state and offer a range of the beauty Vermont has to offer.
We’ll start in Northern Vermont and work our way South…
- Lodge at Spruce Peak (formerly Stowe Mountain Lodge) – my favorite mountain resort in Vermont. You’re transported to a ski village that I love even more in the Summer than the Winter. In addition, you’re in Stowe which is such an incredible small Vermont town. There are so many activities for your guests to enjoy while they are in town (favorite of mine: the zip tour!) and the locations on property for your wedding events are so beautiful.
- Shelburne Farms – one of my favorite places that I’ve ever been. The drive in is so special and right on the lake. With multiple options for spaces to use, you’ll have the best of Vermont…right on the water, mountain views across the lake, the most delicious farm fresh food. It’s an Inn, a Restaurant, a Museum, and Farm which is so cool. You can have your guests stay in Burlington which is one of the best small cities in the US, especially for a weekend getaway.
- Riverside Farm – I was a guest at a wedding here last year (what a nice change!) and I was blown away. The property is expansive with several venue options to choose from based on the events you’re hosting and your guest count. We were in one barn for Welcome Drinks and then were at three different spaces for the wedding day. It was such a stunning setting. It’s a smaller town feel than what you’ll get in Burlington, Woodstock, or Manchester but as guests, we really enjoyed that.
- Woodstock Inn & Resort – Woodstock is a beautiful Vermont town and this resort is right in the center of it. While it’s a large property, it doesn’t feel like it. The options for where you can have your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception are so stunning. The overnight rooms are luxurious, your guests will love their accommodations and the ability to walk right in to town so easily.
- Hildene, The Lincoln Family Home – This venue is unique because it’s not the typical look and feel that you’ll find in Vermont. It’s a historic property and really gives you the estate / garden feeling. And the views…the first time I was here all I could say was it’s a wall of mountains – so spectacular. Manchester is also an incredible town to bring your guests to as a destination – so much to see and do while all in a close proximity.
Some “honorable mention” venues… Inn at Burklyn (can’t wait to see this one in person!), Mad River Barn (we had a wedding here last year and it was so wonderful), Mountain Top Inn & Resort (such a stunning setting), and Sugarbush Resort (chairlift up to the ceremony site?! Incredible).
If you’re thinking about a Vermont Wedding, we would love to talk to you about all things Vermont! There are some things that make the state unique (rules/regulations on noise, transportation and parking, etc.) so we are here to help! Leave a comment of other special Vermont Wedding Venues and we’ll include them in round 2!