September 20, 2019
While we’re in the middle of busy season over here (the people love Fall!) we are seeing more inquiries come in for next year’s weddings. This had me thinking about what potential clients should be looking for and considering when talking to potential wedding planners. So here’s a list of my top 5 things to keep in mind when speaking with wedding planners about your big day…
- Response Time – With any vendor that you are looking to work with for your wedding, response time is key. How fast are they replying to your initial inquiry? Barring anything like your request coming in in the middle of an event weekend, really late at night, or around a Holiday – how quickly they respond to your inquiry is a good reflection of the response time you’ll see during the planning process.
- Response Type – related to response time, how is the initial response you receive and how does it make you feel? Is it a form response or does it contain custom details that relate to the inquiry you sent?
- Ease of Conversation – Hopefully the planner suggests you set up time to talk over the phone after receiving your initial inquiry. It’s really important that you are able to talk to each other easily and honestly. You’re going to spend a lot of time emailing, calling, and meeting with your planner throughout your engagement. You want to be comfortable enough with the planner so you can be completely honest about your expectations and dreams for your wedding day.
- Who Will You Work With – Each planner has a different team structure so it’s important to know who you will be working with during the planning process and on the day of your wedding. Will you be booked by one person and then turned over to someone else? Will they be there on the day of your wedding to execute everything you’ve planner? Important questions to ask!
- Overall Look & Feel of Their Events – each planner has such a different overall design aesthetic. If you’re looking for a Full-Service Planner, this is really important as they will design or collaborate with others to create the design of your wedding day. Even for Month-Of Coordination, you still want to work with a planner with style that aligns with your wedding day vision.
If you’re one of those brides that’s thinking about working with a wedding planner, I would love to speak with you! KSE happily serves clients throughout the US and would be honored to speak with you about your big day.
P.S. If you’re looking for more information about me, check out my recent FAQ post!