October 20, 2020
Upstate New York is home to so many beautiful and unique wedding venues. Today we’re focusing on Upstate, which is a region that varies depends on who you talk to. Some New Yorkers think anything outside of Manhattan is Upstate…growing up here, we know that’s not the case 😉 So we’re going to start in the Catskills and work our way North to the Adirondacks. These are just a few special places – there are so many more to consider but these favorites really showcase the beauty that we have to offer here!
- Hayfield Catskills – we have a lot of Barn venues to choose from and this one is a definite favorite. A husband and wife team, who still live in the City, renovated this barn and created an elevated, rustic space with the most stunning mountain backdrop. The details in this barn are not to be missed!
- Gather Greene – this is one of the most unique spaces that I’ve seen anywhere. The Pavilion was created to be a functional event space with so much architectural beauty. The way the concrete + wood is set in the middle of the mountains is so special when you see it in person. The owners really thought about events when they built it – there are shades for sun/wind built in and the main wall was actually designed to support floral installations! Then there are the cabins in the woods where some guests can stay on property. Believe me when I say these are so dreamy – you’ll love them.
- June Farms – close to Albany but you would never know it. You take a beautiful, tree-lined drive in towards the main Pony Barn and will see animals and cabins. Once you arrive towards the main barn, you’ll have a stunning sail cloth tent on the right and barn on the left. The different options for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception locations on property make this one of my favorite local options. I also love the option to stay on property in the cabins as well.
- Adelphi Hotel – right in the heart of Downtown Saratoga, this restored luxury hotel has been such a dream since they reopened a couple of years ago. You can’t be in a more central location in Saratoga which is one of my favorite destinations for clients to bring guests to. The sailcloth tent at the back of the hotel is stunning and this is by far the most beautiful space to get ready in and have pre-ceremony photos done (check out the getting ready images from this wedding to see what I mean!)
- Lake Placid Lodge – The Adirondacks needs and entire post of its own but highlighting a favorite here is the Lake Placid Lodge. This has the best view of Lake Placid and is a beautifully appointed, luxury property. Ideal for a smaller guest count, the setting for your wedding reception here is impossible to beat.
This is just a tiny sample of some unique wedding venue options in Upstate New York. There are so many more incredible options in a variety of settings. If you’re currently searching for the perfect venue, we would love to hear from you! You can email us here or fill out the contact form.