What does a Wedding Weekend Coordinator do? Why should you have one? How are they valuable in creating the best experience for your guests possible?
A lot of wedding venues now have onsite coordinators who handle your event’s logistics onsite. From the moment you arrive at the venue to the moment you depart, everything is looked after. They are miracle workers! They know their venue, their staff, timing, and best practices like the back of their hand. Some brides see this and think they are good to go and to a certain degree, they would be correct. What is important to remember is that your reception venue is simply one of many vendors you will work with.
Florist, photographer, videographer, rentals/decor, transportation, guest hotels, ceremony & reception entertainment, officiant, bakery, catering (if necessary), stationary, etc. If you’ve booked your vendors already, you know just how many there are to keep track of.
If you hire KSE for your wedding weekend coordination, we will meet with you two months prior to review your dream day and the details of everything you’ve set up so far. We’ll ask a lot of questions and collect your vendor contracts and contact information. From there, here’s a glimpse at what we’ll do to create a flawless wedding weekend:
- Build the optimal detailed wedding weekend timeline and distribute to necessary parties
- Create a streamlined family & bridal party timeline for distribution a few weeks prior – everyone will know when and where they are needed!
- Vendor management and communication of all final details (arrival times, guest counts, etc.)
- Review your budget and create a final payment schedule with gratuities notes – making it as clear as possible on your wedding day!
- Assist with wedding weekend errands (think: picking up the gown, delivering welcome bags, delivering decor to the venue)
- Monitor setup the day before the wedding
- Assistance as needed with rehearsal dinner and any farewell brunch/barbeque – this can be actually planning the event down to dealing with the logistics
- Onsite with you from the rehearsal through any farewell event. We will put out those little fires that pop up on event days so easily, you won’t even know they happened
If you’re getting married in 2017 and thinking about hiring a wedding weekend coordinator, it’s not too late! Even if your wedding is sooner than two months out, we can still add value to your event by assisting with flawless execution. If you have questions, please ask! I’m always so excited to talk with brides, to offer any advice I can, to help in any way possible. Hop over here or send an email directly to email@example.com with a little information about you and your special day 🙂