Are you getting married in 2018? It might seem like you have all of the time in the world! You might be relaxing because you have found a few key vendors but have you contracted each one? What are the lingering tasks you’ll “get to later”? Sometimes when you have a longer engagement, deadlines can sneak up on you. Here are a few reminders to take care of as soon as possible, if you haven’t already…
- Contract your ceremony and reception venue! Most likely, this was a main factor in determining your wedding date. Perhaps you booked your reception venue but are waiting on the church. Don’t wait! Get these two contracted as soon as possible and make sure you have a rain plan.
- Contract vendors that book quickly: photographers, floral designers, popular band’s/DJ’s, catering companies, stationery designers.
- Do your research, request a proposal/pricing information, and make a prompt decision so you work with the vendors you truly love. Their calendars book up quickly so it’s always helpful to be early when it comes to your favorites.
- Rentals – if you need big rentals like a tent or a large quantity of tables/chairs, it’s a good idea to get your order on the books as soon as you know what you need. Inventory can become limited on popular summer and fall weekends so getting a quote and putting down your deposit will ensure you have the tent style and size you need/quantities needed. Have the rental company add other items you’ll be renting so you can start to build a proper picture of your budget. With rental agreements, it’s simple to adjust style and quantities as your wedding gets closer.
- Transportation – one vendor that can be overlooked is transportation. Even for the transportation companies that have large fleets, their inventory will still become limited on popular weekends. If you’re looking for multiple shuttles for guests and bridal party transportation, you’ll want to reserve the vehicles you like best before the pickins are slim!
Of course, don’t forget your planner 😉 For busy couples, a planner is able to save couples valuable time. Through design, vendor recommendations, contract management, and coordination of the logistics…we are there to make the process simple and enjoyable. We have relationships with great vendors (local & all over the country!), can advise on rates, will provide advice, and will keep your inbox clear of clutter. We handle the nitty-gritty, you enjoy the beautiful end result.
Once you have your vendors selected and contracted, you can take a breather. Get these big ticket items taken care of well in advance and then relax and enjoy being engaged!